- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
I found this recipe online at Lovin From the Oven and my sweet tooth began to ache again. I couldn’t help it. I can’t remember the last time I’ve eaten s’mores, and since I’ve never even made them before I figured, what better time to try?
The original recipe called for Hershey Bars for the chocolate layer but since I already had milk chocolate chip morsels on hand, I decided to take a chance and use the entire 2 cup bag instead. The results were still gooey and chocolatey!
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8″x8″ pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cream butter and sugars (both white and dark) together in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla and mix together.
3. In a separate medium bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients until combined.
4. Pour dry ingredients into butter/sugar mixture and stir to form a dough. I’m more of a “hands on” mixer when it comes to small batches of dough.
5. Divide dough in half. Spread 1/2 of the dough into baking dish.
6. Pour chocolate chips on top of dough to make the chocolate layer.
7. Spread marshmallow creme over the chocolate chips. (It helps if the creme is slightly warm to keep the chips from sticking when spreading the creme)
8. Cover with the remaining dough. I found that pre-forming the dough into a square helps. Or layer dough by overlapping into “shingles”.
9. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes until done. Let cool before cutting.