- 1 box Brownie mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolates
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Prepare brownies according to package instructions. I used Ghirardelli.
2. Spray baking dish liberally with nonstick spray. I do love a thick brownie so I use an 8″x8″ dish. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven according to brownie mix. Ghirardelli mix I used requires 325 degrees.
4. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. softened butter and sugar. Stir until well combined.
5. Crumble Oreo cookies and stir into cream cheese mixture.
6. Spread cream cheese and cookie mixture over top of brownie batter. Using a knife, swirl in cream cheese and cookie mixture, making sure not to pierce bottom of brownie batter.
7. Bake brownies according to package instructions.
Now for the ganache!
8. Add chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, remove and stir. Add 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Microwave 30 more seconds if needed to soften chocolate mixture. Stir in heavy cream until well combines.
9. Allow brownies to cool. Spread ganache over top of cooled brownies. Allow to cool in refrigerator about 30 minutes. Cut and serve!
My cat wanted to investigate while I was photographing… he didn’t seem very hungry at the time :)