Here was a quick and easy crescent roll recipe I whipped up last night that didn’t take very long to prepare or to bake. I love anything that doesn’t require a lot of prep time. Especially during the week when I’m home from work and feeling a little tired from being in an office all day. Definitely not a “from scratch” recipe, unless you count scratching the edge of the crescent roll tube when trying to open it. And waiting for that terrifying POP! Never fails to make me wince. :)
2. While chicken is browning, steam broccoli. I use a stove-top steamer, but a microwave-safe dish and 1/3 cup of water works. A few minutes covered in a microwave-safe dish should do the trick.
3. Drain chicken and set aside.
4. Spray an 8″x8″ baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
5. Unroll crescents. Use half (4 triangles) to cover bottom of baking dish. Stretch to elongate each piece of dough to cover the entire bottom.
6. Top with cooked chicken.
7. Top chicken with broccoli.
8. Pour entire jar of alfredo sauce over broccoli and chicken.
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Cover with remaining crescents. Sprinkle top with parmesan (and parsley for presentation if you like!)
11. Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 16-18 minutes in middle oven rack.
Allow to cool, serve and enjoy!