- 2 cans Crescent rolls
- 1 8oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Unroll whole can of one crescent roll to cover bottom of baking dish. Pinch together seams.
4. Drop cream cheese mixture on top of crescent dough and smooth evenly.
5. Cover cream cheese with second can of crescent rolls (I used the Crescent dough sheet for my top layer).
6. Using a knife, pierce hole in top layer of dough and using fingers create a slit approximately 2 inches in length. Repeat until there are about 9 equally-sized slits.
7. Brush top layer of dough with egg white. This will give the top layer a nice pretty shine when baked.
8. Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes.
9. White the danish is baking, we’ll make the glaze:
10. In a bowl (I used my 2-cup glass measuring cup) combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, stirring until well combined.
11. Allow danish to cool for about 20 minutes before adding the glaze.
12. Drizzle sugar glaze over danish and serve warm!