- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups sliced peppers (green, yellow and/or red)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and drain excess oil. Add peppers and onions to skillet and sauté.
2. Add salt, cumin and red pepper to beef and stir until well seasoned. Add more salt to taste.
3. Remove from heat and add can of refried beans and stir until well incorporated.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, stirring until well combined.
5. Spread 1/2 of the sour cream/cream of mushroom mixture over the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
6. Tear apart or slice 3 flour tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
7. Drop half of the meat and bean mixture over tortillas. It was a fairly thick mixture so I ended up using my (clean) hands to help spread it evenly.
8. Cover top with half of the shredded cheese.
9. Repeat process one more time to build a second layer, spreading top layer with the rest of the shredded cheese.
10. Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving and enjoy!