I came across yet another sweet crescent recipe at chef-in-training. They reminded me slightly of the dessert pizza at Pizza Hut. No matter how much I manage to put away at a Pizza Hut lunch buffet, I always find room for their dessert pizzas! The original recipe called for regular crescents but I had a can of Pillsbury Grand Crescents in the fridge and I wanted a thicker crispy so I thought I’ve give them a turn in the oven. I bought some Rodelle Vanilla and boy was I surprised at the difference! It made the end result a super genuine flavor, even if it was only used for the glaze. If you haven’t switched to Rodelle, their vanilla beats those other imitation/pure extracts. At least from what I’ve tried!
Instructions: (modified slightly from chef-in-training.com)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Cut in butter to sugars, cinnamon, salt and flour to form crumbs.
3. Spray cookie sheet lightly with nonstick spray. Separate crescent roll dough into 8 pieces. Sprinkle crumbs on top of unrolled slices.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
5. I used a pizza cutter and cut each piece into smaller triangle-sized pieces. This was especially nice using the Grands Crescents!
6. To make glaze: Blend together all the glaze ingredients and drizzle over Sugar Crumb Crispies.